Citizens Advice Sutton is committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing a high quality of service. Citizens Advice Sutton will treat your personal information as confidential and your details will not be given or sold to anyone. When we handle and store our clients’ personal information we follow the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
When we ask you for personal information we promise to:
- explain why we need it
- only ask for what we need
- treat it as confidential.
When we record and use your personal information we promise to:
- only access it when we have a valid reason to do so
- only share what is necessary and relevant
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- not sell it to commercial organisations.
When we share your personal information with another organisation we promise to:
- ensure that this is only done with your consent, or if we’re required to do so by law
- follow the ICO Data Sharing Code of Practice to ensure the other organisation treats your information with the same level of care that we do
All staff who handle personal information are given training and we take it very seriously if someone fails to use or protect it properly.
If you're unhappy with how we record and use your information you should follow our complaints procedure. You can also contact us to ask for a copy of our complaints leaflet.
Please let us know as soon as possible if anything relating to your contact details or issue changes, which may affect the information we hold.
Your personal information
Citizens Advice Sutton makes every effort to ensure the security and integrity of emails on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information after we’ve received it, Citizens Advice Sutton cannot ensure or guarantee the security of information when it is being transmitted.